Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Big Bang

This week I have been surrounded by the Big Bang.  Depending on your age, this phrase might make you think of a TV show or a scientific theory explaining how the universe wasn't, then it was.   For me and a few dozen other people at work, the Big Bang was the nickname of the event last week when two very large databases were merged together.

Even when I tried to escape the impending work week, I saw a quilt at a sewing show entitled "The Big Bang" by Karla Dee from Houston, TX.  The quilt was a sign of the week that was to come.  It was in your face, bold, psychedelic, a little off and a slightly agitating.  

I was really on the periphery of the project, but I still felt the stress and pressure of making it work.  I can't imagine being the leader of something so massive, nor can I comprehend the intricacies of such a project. It's taking dozens of people an extraordinary amount of time in the attempt to make this work, but it only took one mighty God a few days to create all that we know, have and are. 

John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.


No comments:

Post a Comment